Just because your product is serious, it doesn’t mean your internal release names have to be dull.
In the case of Blueprint, given the frequent release cycle that its hosted nature allows for, the team looked for a naming schema that would allow for a large set of possibilities. The answer? An alphabetical list of “bands-from-the-70′s-and-80′s-that-are-at-least-somewhat-cheesy.” Behold…
The first 14 releases on the wall of Lombardi HQ. With each new release a new album is purchased, framed and hung on the wall. All with great ceremony.
One man’s (or woman’s) cheese…
Now “somewhat cheesy” is obviously subjective and if you look at the list below I’m sure you’ll find one or two that one could argue were legitimate bands. I would also be willing to wager that which of these were considered “legitimate bands” would vary widely depending on who you are. Party on Wayne!
The List of Internal Release names and release dates:
- 11/12/06 – Abba
- 12/18/06 – Boston
- 01/17/07 – The Cars
- 02/02/07 – Devo
- 03/31/07 – The Eagles
- 04/30/07 – Foreigner (this was the first public release)
- 05/19/07 – The Go-Gos
- 05/26/07 – Heart
- 07/03/07 – INXS
- 08/04/07 – Journey (release notes)
- 08/25/07 – Kansas (no notes, just bug fixes)
- 04/05/08 – Loverboy (release notes)
- 06/14/08 – Men at Work (release notes)
- 07/19/08 – New Order (release notes)
- 09/06/08 – Orchestral Manoeuvers in the Dark (OMD) (release notes)
Pau for now…