Earlier this week at CloudExpo, I talked to both Peder Ulander of Cloud.com and Rich Wolski of Eucalyptus about their involvement with RightScale‘s myCloud solution. Yesterday I thought I would go straight to the source so I got a hold of RightScale’s VP of business development, Josh Fraser.
Besides the myCloud announcement, Josh also told me about their work with Zynga. Zynga, as detailed in a recent InformationWeek article, has a hybrid cloud model. Zynga uses the Amazon public cloud to test new games and then if the game is a hit and when its demand has leveled off, they pull it back into their Z-cloud private cloud. RightScale manages across the two clouds.
Some of the ground Josh covers
- What is RightScale
- [0:26] Their myCloud announcement, widening their focus beyond public clouds to include private and hybrid. Who they’re partnering with, what myCloud is composed of and their free version.
- [2:38] Working with Zynga, managing across both Zynga’s private Z-cloud and the public cloud they use at Amazon.
- [4:09] Working with Amdocs who is running enterprise grade workloads in a private cloud managed by RightScale.
- Lessons From FarmVille: How Zynga Uses The Cloud — InformationWeek
- Cloud.com on OpenStack and powering RightScale’s myCloud
- An Update from Eucalyptus’s CTO and Founder
- Cloud Tamer: Right Scale’s CEO Michael Crandell
Pau for now…