Last week at OSCON in Portland, I dragged Josh McKenty away from the OpenStack one-year anniversary (that’s what Josh is referring to at the very end of the interview) to do a quick video. Josh, who headed up NASA’s Nebula tech team and has been very involved with OpenStack from the very beginning has recently announced Piston, a startup that will productize OpenStack for enterprises.
Here is what the always entertaining Josh had to say:
Some of the ground Josh covers:
- What, in a nutshell, will Piston be offering?
- Josh’s work at NASA and how got involved in OpenStack
- Timing around Piston’s general release and GA
- The roles he plays on the OpenStack boards
- What their offering will have right out of the shoot and their focus on big data going forward
- InformationWeek: OpenStack Founder’s Startup, Piston, Eyes Private Cloud Security
- My blog: NASA’s chief cloud architect talks OpenStack
Pau for now…