Todd Papaioannou has been in Big Data for a while. He built the original engineering team at Greenplum, worked at Teradata for 5 years and mostly recently, before joining Battery Ventures as an Entrepreneur in Residence, served as Yahoo’s Chief Cloud architect.
I grabbed some time with Mr. P to learn what it means to be an EIR and what he’s seeing in the industry from his vantage point.
Some of the ground Todd covers
- Todd’s background
- (0:45) What is an Entrepreneur in Residence and how did Todd become one
- (2:45) What trends is he seeing in the space and how does he feel the market’s evolving
- (4:00) What are his big take aways from this year’s Hadoop World
But wait, there’s more!
Stay tuned for more interviews from last week’s Hadoop world. On tap are:
- John Gray of Facebook
- Erik Swan of Splunk
- Nosh Petigara of 10gen/MongoDB
- Todd Papaioannou Joins Battery Ventures as Entrepreneur-in-Residence
- Thought Leaders in the Cloud: Talking with Todd Papaioannou, VP of Architecture, Cloud Computing Group at Yahoo
- Dell’s EIR program and blog
Pau for now…