On the Thursday at OSCON, Ubuntu and Canonical founder Mark Shuttleworth gave a great keynote entitled, “Making Magic From Cloud To Client.” He did the entire keynote and live demo on a project Sputnik laptop (a Dell XPS13 running Ubuntu 12.04LTS)!
Here it is in its entirety:
Some of the ground Mark covers:
- A fantastic demo on Juju and writing Juju charms showing how you can design a complex topology, deploy that in memory on your laptop and then map the whole shebang to the cloud.
- How JuJu charms allow for “encapsulation and reuse”
- The idea of crowdsourcing ops
- A demo showing how, in realtime, you can map actual running infrastructure from one cloud to the next (in his demo he mapped it from EC2 to an HP cloud)
- The idea behind Unity and the principle of having one UI that works across phones, tablets, desktops and even TVs.
- The HUD
- Project Sputnik going from pilot to product this fall where you will be able to purchase an XPS13 from Dell with Ubuntu preinstalled.
Pau for now…