Today Dell is announcing our new PowerEdge C8000 shared infrastructure chassis which allows you to mix and match compute, GPU/coprocessor and storage sleds all within the same enclosure. What this allows Web companies to do is to have one common building block that can be used to provide support across the front-, mid- and back end tiers that make up a web company’s architecture.
To give you a better feel for the C8000 check out the three videos below.
- Why — Product walk thru: Product manager for the C8000, Armando Acosta takes you through the system and explains how this chassis and the accompanying sleds better server our Web customers.
- Evolving — How we got here: Drew Schulke, marketing director for Dell Data Center solutions explains the evolution of our shared infrastructure systems and what led us to develop the C8000.
- Super Computing — Customer Example: Dr. Dan Stanzione, deputy director at the Texas Advanced Computing Center talks about the Stampede supercomputer and the role the C8000 plays.
Extra Credit reading
- Case Study: The Texas Advanced Computing Center
- Press Release: Dell Unveils First Shared Infrastructure Solution to Provide Hyperscale Customers with New Modular Computational and Storage Capabilities
- Web page: PowerEdge C8000 — Optimize data center space and performance
Pau for now…