I wanted to get one more quick post in before I head out for the holidays. Things have been crazy since the XPS 13 Developer Edition launched almost three weeks ago.
In fact no sooner did we start to catch our breath from the product’s launch that Dell World took place. We had a lot of interest at the event and Im looking at following up with the folks I met.
For the actual launch we had fantastic press, see the list below. That having been said, there were two areas where we got dinged by folks:
- Price — This turned out to be due to an internal pricing inconsistency and we were able to jump on it right away and dropped the price by $100 by the afternoon.
- Monitor resolution — We have heard the community loud and clear and are looking at ways to address this, stay tuned.
Partial Media Coverage
- Dell launches Sputnik Linux Ultrabook – The Register
- Dell releases powerful, well-supported Linux Ultrabook – Ars Technica
- Dell ships lightweight XPS 13 laptop with Ubuntu Linux – IDG
- Dell XPS 13 laptop: The Ubuntu developer edition arrives – ZDNet
- Dell’s ‘Sputnik’ Ubuntu Linux ultrabook: First in a new line? – PC World
- Dell launches Ubuntu-powered Sputnik for developers – The H-Online
- Dell’s Ubuntu Ultrabook goes on sale in the US – PC Pro
- Dell Ships High-End Ubuntu Laptop for Cloud Developers – The Var Guy
- Dell Unveils Powerful Linux Ultrabook for $1,449 – Mobile Magazine
- Dell Launches XPS 13 Ultrabook Developed Edition, Comes With Ubuntu Linux – StudentNews.ie
- Dell’s $1,549 Ubuntu-based XPS 13 goes on sale, $50 more than Windows variant (update: $100 price drop) – Engadget
- Dell is selling a nicely configured version of its XPS 13 ultrabook with Ubuntu Linux – CNET
- Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook With Linux Ubuntu Almost Ready For Launch – iTech Post
Thanks to everyone for helping to turn this idea from project to product. Stay tuned as we we continue to refine and expand on developer offerings in 2013
Pau for now…