Last week at DevOps Days Austin, I did a couple of interviews with John Willis (aka @botchagalupe), VP Client Services and Enablement at Enstratius. The first video dealt with devops and the idea of culture as a secret weapon in the war of hiring. The second one was about Enstratius the company, which coincidentally today Dell announced it was acquiring.
I’m very excited about the move because, besides the great technology, with Enstratius we are getting some top talent like John, James Urquhart, George Reese, Bernard Golden, David Bagley and many more.
Take a listen as John explains what exactly it is that Enstratius does:
Some of the topics John covers:
- Enstratius’ common open API structure
- Governance: e.g. Role based access, a federated view of resources, encrypted key management storage yadda, yadda
- Direct integration with Chef and Puppet
- Integration points with APM companies like AppDynamics and New Relic
- Dell Moves Deeper Into The Software Business, Acquires Enstratius, One Of The Most Recognized Cloud Management Startups – TechCrunch
- Building a Great Team (Dell buys Enstratius) – Cote
- DevOps Days Austin — John Willis: Culture as the secret weapon in the war of hiring - Barton’s blog
Pau for now…