Today’s OSCON interview takes us into the land of application performance modeling and features Dustin Whittle, Technical Evangelist at AppDynamics. AppDynamics provides performance management for Java, .Net and PHP applications. Check out what Dustin has to say about the wild and wacky world of APM:
Some of the ground Dustin covers
- What does AppDynamics do? Spoiler alert: It helps you figure out what “healthy” looks like for your application and gives you line of code visibility into your production app from the client to multiple tiers of your server and then down into the database.
- Who looks at/uses the data AppDynamics generates?
- How does the cloud change application development? And what about those “noisey neighbors”?
- APIs, SDKs and the recently launched AppDynamics X.
Tune in next time to see the next in my OSCON interview series. Still left are RedHat’s OpenShift and Puppet.
- AppDynamics Blog: Introducing AppDynamics X and AppSphere
- OSCON: Neil Levine of Inktank, sponsor of Ceph - Video interview
- OSCON: Mark Hinkle on his keynote + Citrix and Open Source - Video interview
- OSCON: Apigee and APIs - Video interview with Sam Ramji
- OSCON: Dell Multi-cloud manager & Dasein Cloud - Video interview with James Urquhart
- OSCON: The Project Sputnik story & giveaway