Last Thursday at Structure I ran into a couple of former Sun compadres who have started their own company in the cloud space: Cumulogic. Cumulogic is PaaS for developing Java applications and boasts the father of Java James Gosling and former Sun CIO Bill Vass as the leaders of its technical advisory board.
I got some time with Cumulogic’s CEO Rajesh Ramchandani and learned a bit about their new venture.
Some of the ground Rajesh covers:
- Targeting enterprise Java PaaS for federated clouds
- Announced the company in January and are conducting user betas now
- Seeing early adopters in financial services and healthcare
- Currently available as a public cloud via Amazon
- Will have a release soon that will allow users to set up a private cloud within an enterprise on environments like vmware, cloud.com or eucalyptus.
- Another Next Generation Platform to Watch: CumuLogic [ReadWriteWeb: April 18th, 2011]
- CumuLogic Bringing Sun Cloud Roots to Java PaaS [GigaOM: January 21st, 2011]
Pau for now…