Last year when I interviewed Jonathan, I did an audio podcast. This time around I was armed with my Flip Mino and caught it all on video for the little(r) screen.
Some of the topics Jonathan addresses:
- When Rackspace funded employees Jonathan and Todd to go off and start their cloud venture 4 years ago, why didn’t they brand it “Rackspace?”
- Why did they recently decide to roll Mosso back into the mothership and rebrand it?
- The progression of in-house -> colocation -> managed hosting -> cloud.
- The three pieces of Rackspace Cloud: Cloud Servers & Cloud Files (infrastructure as a service) and Cloud Sites (platform as a service with the option of using either the LAMP or .NET stack).
- Which offering is getting the most traction.
- Why their customer Fresh Books went with Cloud Files.
Pau for now…