Yesterday, near the end of day two of the OpenStack design summit, I caught up with Rick Clark, chief architect of the OpenStack platform. I wanted to get Rick’s thought’s on how the four-month old open source cloud computing project and the summit were going.
Here’s what he had to say:
Some of the ground Rick covers:
- The goal of the summit as well as the goal of the next two releases.
- How ready the various code bases are e.g. object storage and compute
- The diversity of the attendees
- How many of the attendees are open source vets vs newbies
- Where the next summit will be
- Rick’s thought’s back at the first OpenStack design summit
- The developer’s take on this summit by Rob Hirschfeld: day one and day two
- Joseph George’s general reflections on this week’s summit: day one and day two
Pau for now…