I have recently been tagged by the Sardinian Data Charmer, Giuseppe Maxia to reveal 7 facts about myself. Last time this request for self-truth (see rules at the bottom of page) went around the blogosphere I had yet to start my illustrious blogging career . Well this time I’m ready!
Here we go:
- I was born in the same hospital as Barack Obama, Kapiolani Hospital in Honolulu. (Actually some may know this because I’m part of a Facebook Group “Barack Obama and I were born in Kapiolani Hospital”).
- The first single I owned was Vicki Lawrence’s The Night the Lights went out in Georgia. The first album I owned was the Beatles Abbey Road.
- I hate beets. I consider myself a very adventurous eater but I draw the line at beets.
- When I was in sixth grade Beverly Cleary visited Hawaii and gave a reading at the Kaimuki library. Each school got to send a boy and a girl. I was chosen as the boy to represent Punahou (I can’t remember the girl)
- In 1975 I appeared in Sports Illustrated in the Faces in the Crowd section for weightlifting (I was 10 and lifted 120 pounds). This is the stuff you do when your dad is an Olympic Champion. The “person” pictured to the left of me was a dog (I can’t remember his/her accomplishment).
- I did all my business school essays in vi editor. This was not my choice but that’s what you did when you worked for a workstation manufacturer in Tokyo ~20 years ago.
- I’ve had all five of my wisdom teeth out. Yep, that’s right, five. I hear that one in every one hundred thousand people has an extra vestigial wisdom tooth. I guess we’re just less evolved. Who knows, had a lived at a different time or lived in a different society I might have been worshiped as a deity. You never know…
The seven folks I tag are:
- Mark Shuttleworth: Mr Ubuntu and part-time cosmonaut; A lot has been written about his grand experiences I have a feeling he’s got some pretty interesting mundane ones.
- Andy Lark: A big Kahuna of marketing at Dell and former Sun compadre.
- Mako (Benjamin Hill): FSF Board member and self-proclaimed rebel with too many causes.
- Phil Gilbert: Lombardi’s President and CTO who I have a feeling has some pretty interesting facts to list.
- Charlene Li: Social and emerging technology guru who recently set out on her own.
- Mark Herring: Former boss at Sun who needs to be goaded back into blogging. Maybe this will help.
- Sandy Kemsley: BPM, E2.0 and more analyst and systems architect whose blog I read but have yet to meet.
Ignore at your peril!
Be forewarned, one gentleman in Austria who ignored the tag, lost the cap to his toothpaste, never found it and the whole tube dried up!! Don’t let something like this happen to you!
- Link your original tagger(s), and list these rules on your blog.
- Share seven facts about yourself in the post – some random, some weird.
- Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.
- Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs and/or Twitter.
Pau for now…