Mark Shuttleworth, the ever gracious founder of Ubuntu, stopped by Dell this morning to talk to various folks about various subjects. I was able to grab some time with him between meetings and get his thoughts on a few topics.
I was particularly interested in getting his thoughts on Ubuntu Enterprise Cloud (UEC) which will be available this week from Dell as the Dell | Canonical UEC Solution (along with the UEC software, the solution is based on our PowerEdge C2100 and C6100 and comes with a reference architecture and deployment guide). The other topic I wanted to get his insight into was OpenStack.
Here’s what Mark had to say:
What Mark talked about
- How Mark has settled into his role as non-CEO (he is still chairman).
- What he is focusing on these days: the cloud and product design e.g. Unity.
- [1:45] The thinking behind UEC and the combined Dell Canonical offering.
- [3:45] OpenStack and Canonical’s participation
- Working with both OpenStack and Eucalyptus and how both of these are central to the process of standardization that we are starting to see at the infrastructure layer of cloud computing.
- PowerEdge C powers OpenStack Install Fest
- Chatting with Eucalyptus Co-founder about OpenStack
- Ubuntu founder stops by Round Rock
Pau for now…