Mark Shuttleworth, founder of Ubuntu Linux and Chairman of Canonical the commercial distribution behind Ubuntu, stopped by Dell for a bunch of meetings this morning. Mark was visiting Austin on his way back from CES in Las Vegas where he and the team just unveiled Ubuntu TV.
I was able to grab a few minutes with Mark between meetings and get his thoughts on a bunch of topics. Here is the first of two videos we did. You’ll notice that this one ends a bit abruptly, that’s because we got booted out of the conference room we were squatting in. You’ll also notice when I post the second video that we found a much better location for round two.
Some of the ground Mark covers
- How was CES and how was Ubuntu TV received?
- What is the secret sauce behind Ubuntu TV and how is it different than Google TV
- What is Ubuntu One and how is it different than Apples iCloud or Microsoft’s skydrive?
- What is Unity an how it ties together the client experience together across devices.
- Ubuntu Linux shop reveals ‘TV for human beings’ – The Register
- Mark Shuttleworth on UEC and OpenStack – My interview with Mark from last year
Pau for now…